Work From Home? Here’s How to Keep Your Furry Co-Workers Happy!
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, many companies have adopted a work from home policy to ensure the safety of their employees. While the transition to remote work may have been a challenge for some, it has certainly been a boon for pet owners, who can now spend more time with their beloved furry friends.
However, working from home with pets can be challenging, especially if you have a demanding job or an energetic pet. In this article, we’ll share some tips on how to keep your furry co-workers happy and productive while you work from home.
Work From Home With Pets
Working from home is great, but it can be difficult to stay focused when your pet is vying for attention. To ensure that you can get your work done without distraction, take some time to establish boundaries with your furry co-worker. Designate a space for them to relax in and make sure to set aside regular playtime each day so they have something to look forward to.
10 Ways to Keep Your Furry Co-Workers Happy
- Give them plenty of exercise – Pets need daily physical activity to maintain their health and satisfaction, so make sure they are getting enough exercise.
- Schedule regular playtime – Set aside specific times each day for you and your pet to play together. This gives them something to look forward to and helps them stay engaged.
- Create a designated area – Designate an area of your home for your pet to relax in while you work. This will help keep them from getting too restless or distracting you from your tasks.
- Buy toys – Investing in some fun, interactive toys can be a great way to keep your furry co-worker entertained while you work.
- Provide a distraction – Place a radio or TV in the background to provide some auditory stimulation and keep them occupied during long stretches of work time.
- Offer rewards – Give your pet treats for good behavior or when they complete certain tasks to encourage positive behaviors and reinforce training.
- Spend quality time – Make sure to take regular breaks throughout the day and spend quality time with your pet to strengthen your bond.
- Make it fun – Try introducing different activities like scent work or agility training to keep your pet engaged and entertained.
- Provide mental stimulation – Get creative and think of ways you can challenge their minds, such as treats for them to find or teaching them new tricks.
- Get help – If you need extra help with your pet, consider hiring a dog walker or pet sitter to give them some extra attention while you are away from home.
5 Simple Ideas To Keep Your Dog Entertained While Working
- Play hide and seek – Hide treats around the house for your dog to find, or hide toys for them to search out.
- Teach new tricks – Dogs love learning new things, so spend a few minutes every day teaching them a new trick or command.
- Puzzle toys – There are many types of puzzle toys available that will keep your pup entertained while you work.
- Take a walk – Get out of the house and take a short walk around the block with your dog so they can get some fresh air and exercise.
- Brain games – Set up interactive brain games such as a variation on fetch or treat dispensing toys that require your pup to work for their reward.
5 Simple Ideas To Keep Your Cat Entertained While Working
- Cat trees – Invest in a cat tree or scratching post so your kitty has something to climb, scratch, and hide in while you’re busy working.
- Create an obstacle course – Cats love exploring and getting exercise, so create an obstacle course for them to run around and jump over for some fun and exercise.
- Cat TV – Set up a bird feeder outside your window so they can watch the birds or use interactive toys that mimic prey movements to keep them engaged.
- Playtime – Schedule regular playtime each day with a variety of toys such as teaser wands, laser pointers, and crinkle balls to keep your cat entertained.
- Catnip – Get some catnip-stuffed toys or sprinkle some in their favorite spots to get them excited and provide mental stimulation.
Remember, your furry co-workers need attention and stimulation just like any other employee! So make sure to give them the care and consideration they deserve. With these tips, you can keep your pets happy and healthy while you work from home.
Happy Working with Your Furry Co-Workers!