Think about the last time you were looking for a job. It was probably stressful and you spent countless hours scouring through pages and pages for job listings, only to find it either filled or you do not qualify for it.
Fortunately, there are ways to make the process smoother: a recruiter! And, the best way to find the right recruiter for your needs is either through referral or networking. But, recruiting agencies aren’t one-size-fits-all, start by researching the industries in which the agency specializes. Once you’ve found the agency that fits your industry, location, and level, reach out to them. A good recruiter is very active on LinkedIn and has their profiles well-developed. That means you should take the time to research who you’re dealing with.
Los Angeles has some of the very best recruiters in town; many were referred to us through networking.
Top Recruiting Firms and Staffing Agencies in L.A.
- Hirefuel is a premier recruiting firm specializing in high-growth, venture-backed startups. Hirefuel’s expansive, diverse network and customized approach, provide unparalleled industry expertise. With over a decade of experience connecting companies and talent, Hirefuel builds teams that fuel growth, drive results, and cultivate lasting relationships.
- Cadre is a leading recruiting firm founded by Jason Stomel in 2009; specializing in tech startups in Santa Monica. Cadre focuses primarily on technical roles including software engineering, software development, and product design.
- PeopleWare Staffing, founded in 1993 by Sheryl Rooker and her husband; a leading contract and full-time placement agency specializing in the technology industry. For two decades, PeopleWare has provided outstanding service to employers and job seekers around El Segundo, and beyond. Through its unique H²R (High-Hit Recruiting) process, it has achieved among the highest ratios of candidates presented-to-hired in the technology staffing industry. Successful recruiting requires experience, knowledge, training, ethics, and specific skills. PeopleWare employs all of these traits in its H²R process.
- Putnam Recruiting, El Segundo-based recruiting firm founded by Wes Putnam in 2009. Putnam Recruiting specializes in full-time and project-based recruiting for professionals in the tech space. Its extensive network, proprietary candidate database, and thorough screening process ensure their clients are being presented with the best talent in the market. Putnam Recruiting work with over 100 reputable companies, the majority of which are based in Southern California.
- Safire Partners is a tech executive search firm founded by Todd Gitlin in Southern California with a rapidly expanding national footprint. Safire Partners work primarily with emerging growth companies; ranges from disruptive venture-backed companies to multi-billion dollar public enterprises.
- The Workshop LA is a full-service fashion recruiting agency based in Venice, California founded in 2015. Its’ client roster consists of cutting-edge, Los Angeles-based fashion companies ranging from start-ups to some of the biggest in the business. Audrey Okulick is the founder and owner of The Workshop LA. She started the agency in 2015 after working for 10+ years in the fashion industry both in New York and Los Angeles. She is the girl who had a million jobs when she was first starting out and understands first-hand how challenging it can be to find a career fit.
- Irvine Technology Corporation (ITC) is an award-winning Information Technology Solutions and Staffing provider with roots in Southern California. ITC’s team is comprised of seasoned technologists, staffing industry thought leaders, top-notch recruiters, dedicated account executives, and world-class support staff.
- CyberCoders is a leading permanent placement recruiting firm. Through its innovative technology and efficient recruiters, CyberCoders helps find the right candidate fast. There is over 11,000+ job listing on its website.
- Recruiting Social is a recruitment services company with offices in Los Angeles, Vancouver and Toronto. We connect purpose-driven companies with people who belong on the team and donate 10% of profits to education charities.
- Prosum is one of the fasted growing IT consulting and information technology solutions companies in the Los Angeles area. Prosum provides business solutions for technology consulting and IT staffing.
- Signal Partners is a search firm founded by Tim Smith; a purpose-built firm ready to help companies find and attract force-multiplying talent at all levels. Signal Partners has led hundreds of retained searches for PE- and venture-backed companies and drive a bespoke process for both executive and mission-critical non-executive positions. Some of the cool companies Signal Partners works with were Snapchat, GitHub, Yext, Houzz, Tinder, Tastemade, and many others.
- Mondo is the largest national staffing agency specializing exclusively in high-end, niche IT, Tech, Creative, & Digital Marketing talent.
- Technical Connections is SoCal’s premier Technology Staffing Firm. Established in 1984, they have a track record and network that is second to none.
- TurningPoint offers a comprehensive personalized approach to recruiting Sales, Marketing, and C-level leaders.
- KAS Placement’s sales recruiters and marketing headhunters in New York sales recruiters, Los Angeles, Chicago, DC, Boston, and more
- Aquent was founded in 1986 and is the world’s largest creative staffing agency serving complex, global brands including ⅔ of the Fortune 500.
- Proven Recruiting was founded in 2007 by Louis Song and Ingram Losner as the answer to a growing concern – the fact that most recruiting firms were grueling places to work. They believed that building an employee-centric company with a strong sense of purpose was the key to providing a truly differentiated experience – especially in an industry that exists to help companies hire quality workers who love their jobs. It worked. Today, Proven Recruiting has grown from seven original founders to a 200-person community of employees and consultants across the US, joined by a shared dedication to meaningful work.
- StartupTAP is a recruiting consultancy empowering innovation by pairing the best ideas with the brightest minds. Based in Los Angeles, our clients span 7 countries and 29 cities and have collectively raised $10B+. After scaling hundreds of high-growth companies, we know what it takes to attract, retain, and develop incredible talent. We integrate with our partners in a way traditional recruiters won’t — providing bespoke solutions, creating infrastructure, and building relationships that far exceed industry standards.
- Vaco provides expert consulting, permanent placement, executive search, and strategic staffing for companies around the world, in the areas of accounting, finance, technology, healthcare, operations, administration, and more.
- 80Twenty is a boutique and award-winning staffing agency specializing in marketing, sales, and creative talent for primarily San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York City.