Video-sharing social networking service TikTok is expanding, and this famous company relocated to Culver City, California. Their new office is a five-story, 120,000 square-foot building situated between the tech and media scene of Los Angeles. The exodus began this week, with employees moving into the new office with much gusto.
Their reaction is understandable since this space has an open floor plan. It has lots of amenities such as conference rooms, a presentation space styled like a stadium, and terraces for outside work. By summer, the company aims to complete its content creation studio.
Even the general manager of TikTok U.S., Vanessa Pappas, said that their location sits at the intersection of technology and entertainment. She cites the tech companies located in Silicon Beach as well as the streaming content companies at the Hayden tract as prime examples. She also said that this permanent move is their way of showing commitment to the U.S. TikTok community despite its worldwide influence.
TikTok is an app that gained renown among Gen Z users. The app lets its users make 15-second or fewer videos. This is a step further compared to Vine’s six-second maximum video length.
Users can also add some flair to their clips using various filters, including similar ones found on Instagram and Snapchat. Like the latter, TikTok’s videos are always shot vertically. TikTok’s popularity in the U.S. skyrocketed over the past years, with 124 million downloads within the country alone.
With this unprecedented growth, it caught the attention of the U.S. government. They’re opening a national security review into the company’s Chinese parent company, ByteDance. TikTok showed that the Chinese government never made requests to censor user content or get their information through their first transparency report.
Aside from the L.A. office, TikTok has offices in Berlin, Dubai, Jakarta, London, Mumbai, New York, Paris, Seoul, Singapore, and Tokyo.
TikTok is ready to hire 80 new people in LA right now. Here are 10 cool gigs…
- Senior Data Analyst – User Growth – responsible for performance marketing measurement models through major platforms such as Facebook, Google, Snapchat, DSP, etc. apply here
- Senior User Researcher – looking for a User Experience Researcher to drive valuable insights into product features, users and influencers, and product trends in the US market. apply here
- Product Manager – Own products that drive positive impact for users by ideating and developing innovative user experience and features. apply here
- Community Communications Specialist – Proactively and responsively engage the creator community on social channels (TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube) and email newsletters. apply here
- Community Development & Education Manager – Develop a comprehensive strategy to drive community development on TikTok. apply here
- Media Director – Collaborating closely with internal marketing and other functional teams to define TikTok media strategy. -Initiating, planning, and coordinating creative media campaigns as well as activations to increase brand awareness. apply here
- Employer Branding-Social media – Strategize, implement, and measure social marketing campaigns across all relevant channels including but not limited to LinkedIn, Facebook, TikTok, twitter. apply here
- Global Privacy Program and PMO Lead – Lead the Global Privacy Program and Project Management Office (PMO) for the international legal team and handle any other related matters coordinating regional counsels (and their business unit stakeholders as necessary) to perform multi-jurisdictional project management; this will include big picture thinking as well as managing the day-to-day operations. apply here
- IP Specialist – Review and respond to intellectual property related inquiries and requests. apply here
- Security Manager – Provide accurate risk assessments for all corporate facilities and events within your area of responsibility. – Provide real-time intel and information supporting the security and safety of personnel, assets, and infrastructure. apply here