Clubhouse is not designed to be exclusive but rather, the company aims to make it available for everyone. This may seem contradictory when the only way anyone can access it is when they get to be invited. Also, it looks really exclusive by nature when it seems that only a select few, most celebrities have been known to use the platform.
This startup audio-based chat giant which is now categorized as a full-pledged unicorn, meaning they have already hit the one billion dollar mark in terms of valuation has only been around for less than a year and it is still in beta.
Believe it or not, this app has yet to undergo the final development process and is still currently still being tested so that explains why it can only be accessed by a select or few controlled target users.
Still, it wouldn’t hurt to learn how to increase one’s chances of getting in but that is just the tip of the iceberg because it is way easier to get in than to flourish once one is already in.
How To Create A Club On The Clubhouse App
For now, a new user needs to be invited by an existing user who is also able to join the app most likely through another invitation from a user who got invited the same way. Each new user will be allowed to invite two more users initially but this can increase the more they use the app on a regular basis.
Anyone who does not personally know anyone who is currently into Clubhouse can still have a chance to catch the attention of an existing Clubhouse user to get invited. They may do so by posting about Clubhouse on different social media platforms and following Clubhouse hashtags. Creativity and interesting content can go a long way.
Now for those who are lucky enough to get invited to join Clubhouse, it will be a somehow pleasant surprise to discover that even if it may initially look like a dead-end scenario upon discovering that the atmosphere of exclusivity did not really end in the invitation stage but rather continued even if you are already inside, again there is no need to sulk alone.
The ultimate goal of each new user should be to start a club of his own.
- A club is defined as a space that allows a user to host intimate conversations with a select community of probably common interests.
- A user who has a club on Clubhouse is required to host recurring meetups with his followers to hold onto his club.
- Getting a club is not really easy but it is a doable process. A user just needs to familiarise himself with the prerequisites.
- Each club founder or user who wishes to submit an application is required to host at least three discussions or Rooms on Clubhouse before they can form a group.
Hosting can be done by creating a Room and then inviting friends to join the room. The host will have an option to just leave the room open so any user with an interest in the discussion topic can join and listen.
Steps to Creating and Managing Your Club
After hosting the minimum requirement of three discussions, the user is now eligible to become a founder of a club, and here is how to proceed:
Follow these steps:
How to Get Your Club Set Up In-App:
- Navigate to your profile page and scroll to the “Member of” section near the bottom. (FYI: Clubs are only available to the most active community members and are limited to at most 2 per month.)
- There you will see a “+” sign to the right of your last club badge (note: if you’re a member of many clubs, you’ll have to scroll to the end of your club list to locate the plus).
- Tap the icon, and create your club!
Note that you will only be able to create one club at a time and you won’t be able to delete a club directly in-app, so choose wisely and be thoughtful!
How to Find Your Club After Set It:
- Go to your Clubhouse profile. There you should see the words “Member of” and the club “badge.”
- If you click on the badge, it’ll take you to the club page. You’ll see your name listed as a member! A club creator is by default a founder (admin).
How To Add Club Co-Founders (co-admins)? Once someone is a member, any admin can decide to make them a co-founder (co-admin).
- To make another member an founder, go to the club profile and tap on the club member
- You’ll see a prompt with the option “make an admin”
- You can also remove someone from the founder role or from the club
How To Edit Club Profile and Settings?
- To add a logo/photo from your camera roll, tap on the badge slot on the group page
- To change your Club name or description, you need to contact Clubhouse with the name of your club and your username. They have a limit of 25 characters for the name and 150 characters for the description
- To edit settings, tap the 3 dots at the top right of your club page to edit settings (only visible to club founders/admins)
- You can specify that you don’t want people to be able to follow your club
- You can also hide your member list if you don’t want it displayed on your club page
As you know, Clubhouse isn’t a ‘mature’ app at this time; there are more ‘features’ yet to enhance, develop, and/or omit still. Check their FAQs page (located In-App – Profile page, click the gear icon to get there) for new updates.