LA-based Fintech startup, Aspiration is ready to hire 23 more resources, 17 of which are in the Los Angeles area (Marina Del Rey). Aspiration is an online financial firm that offers retail banking and investing services built for everyone. The company donates a dime of every dollar it earns to help Americans that work to climb the ladder of opportunity while making it possible for its customers to choose to give a portion of their profits to a charitable cause of their choice.
The company is doing very well – they closed a $47M series B, has raised $68M overall and are in the process of securing even more funding from both organizations and private investors (folks like Actor Orlando Bloom and LA Clippers, Coach Doc Rivers). Aspiration is still in an early enough stage that there’s a lot of opportunities to go in, contribute, make an impact very quickly and help shape what the company becomes.
Everyone at Aspiration is mission-oriented and committed to changing how finance works. The team is close-knit and honestly manifests more like a family/group of friends than a team of coworkers. As you can imagine for the type of people who would want to work here, they place a lot of emphasis on making sure the internal culture matches what they’re trying to do externally.
Check out these cool gigs at Aspiration …
- Senior Software Engineer, Backend – Aspiration’s backend is transitioning to Golang microservice and serverless codes for the AWS platform. Seeking an experienced backend engineer to speed Aspiration’s development of high performance, secure financial services technology. Play a key role in mapping the expanding needs of the business into innovative technical solutions within a highly scalable and event-driven architecture.
- Senior Software Engineer, Frontend – Responsible for making sure Aspiration’s customers have a delightful experience whenever they interact with its product. This means making sure Aspiration’s applications load fast, look consistent across mobile and desktop, and behave flawlessly. You have a deep understanding of the web with an interest in modern technologies like React, Emotion, and GraphQL.
- Software Engineer, Frontend – Work collaboratively with product owners and designers to figure out efficient solutions for our users. Constantly improve the performance and accessibility of our products
- IT Systems Manager – Develop a high performing, customer-focused IT Help Desk Team. Develop and implement standard IT operating procedures that focus on efficiency, continuous improvement, and supporting Aspiration staff. Work with and support Information Security to ensure company policies are followed.
Data Science Jobs
- Head of Data – Lead the entirety of the Data team at Aspiration, including strategy, execution, and collaboration with other key teams. You will oversee data engineering, analytics and business intelligence, data science, and supporting a data-informed decision-making framework for the company. You need to have 7+ years in critical data and data team management roles in high growth companies.
- Director of Data Science – Lead, manage and grow our data science team while creating data products that are at the core of our business. The key individual will lead the team as it develops new data products, automates key decisions, and analyzes massive data sets to help define the future of Aspiration. Collaborate with a cross-functional team of Engineers, Product Managers, and other business leads to identify and manage high leverage opportunities for modeling work.
- Data Scientist – Help design and develop machine learning models to drive Aspiration’s business forward. Develop machine learning models, explore new prediction algorithms, construct new features, and research new technologies. Work with engineers to design machine learning solutions that operate quickly and effectively at scale.
- Senior Analyst – Collect and analyze data and present research, findings, and recommendations to cross-functional teams including Product Management, Marketing, UX, Finance & Technology. Design and execute A/B and multivariate tests to improve customer experience and drive customer growth. Prioritize optimization test slate to for high impact.
- Product Designer – You will help to improve Aspiration’s current banking products through a solid understanding of our customers and what is important to them. You will have a role in guiding and improving the UX design, research, and visual design. Partner with product, engineering, research, content, data and other disciplines to ensure a quality end-to-end customer experience.
- Banking Project Management Lead – Collaborate with Product and Engineering Leads to establish prioritization, planning and execution process that ensures delivery of projects in a fast-paced environment. Identify and quickly resolve changes in scope, schedules and resource requirements.
- Growth Project Management Lead – Identify and quickly resolve changes in scope, schedules and resource requirements Identify and communicate risks; work with subject matter experts to develop and implement risk mitigation plans. Own communications ensure Senior Leadership, business stakeholders, and the broader organization are in the know regarding project statuses, risks, and timelines.
- Product Manager, Banking – Own the product vision, strategy, KPIs and roadmap for key banking products. Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative products and features. Analyze qualitative and quantitative research to identify, prioritize and iterate on product opportunities.
- Product Manager, Impact – Lead product strategy, KPIs, and roadmap for AIM and other impact initiatives. Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative products and features. Analyze qualitative and quantitative research to identify, prioritize and iterate on impact-focused product opportunities across the banking portfolio.
- VP, People – Seeking someone who will be responsible for developing a world-class employee experience for Aspiration’s team, and oversee the functions of human resources, talent acquisition, and facilities. Develop and refine people processes that promote our core values while supporting a high-growth environment. Help our executives, team leads, and managers be prepared for company growth, scale, and complexity. Someone with 15+ years of proven success in leading, building and managing highly effective people operations teams.
- Workplace Experience Manager – Seeking someone to take ownership of the experience of Aspiration’s current and future offices in the Los Angeles area, and supporting all of the other offices with information technology and new hire logistics. You will partner with Aspiration’s teams to help the company with efficiency as they scale, physical security safeguards, and creating a workplace culture to be proud of. Own onboarding process for new employees (or at least some aspects of this), and work cross-functionally with other teams to iteratively improve on our new hire experience.
- Marketing Project Manager – Seeking an exceptionally organized, results-focused Marketing Project Manager to lead the coordination of marketing/growth initiatives for Aspiration. You must have 4-5+ years of project management/marketing coordination experience including 1-2 years at a fast-growing technology company or startup.
- Customer Engagement Representative – Responsible for managing an inbound email queue, delivering best-in-class service and brainstorming new ways to exceed customer expectations.
Benefits + Perks
- Salary package is a combination of salary + equity (if anyone asks: the shares come with a 1-year cliff and 4-year vesting period. but if they don’t ask don’t volunteer)
- Competitive health benefits – aspiration covers 90% of medical, dental, AND vision insurance for employees
- Paid and Sick leave
- 401k, Life Insurance available
- In-building gym!