Beer Belly may just be what you can consider as the owners Jimmy and Yume Han’s first child as it is what they worked on together as newlyweds in 2011. Instead of battling it out raising an offspring, they made a gamble and opened the first craft beer bars in Koreatown, effectively establishing its role in the rise of craft beer in the area. Today, it’s still one of the best-known places to head to if you want to enjoy a glass of a local brewery’s cider, ale, or good old beer.
When it comes to the food, you can expect them to pair well with alcohol so they’re heavy, greasy, and very rich. The K-Town menu is loaded with duck-centric items, but if you head to the Long Beach location, you can expect a different menu altogether.
Designed for hanging out with friends and loved ones, Beer Belly also offers a laidback and unfussy contemporary interiors. There are lots of chairs inside but the beer garden is where they say the party is at, so you might want to consider that as well, especially on relatively cool evenings.
What to order:
- Beer Belly Grilled Cheese – Quad-Deck 4×4, Cheddar, Swiss, Asiago, Goat Cheese, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Maple Syrup
- The Duck! Cheeseburger – Duck and Bacon Patty, Provolone, Foie Gras Mustard, Peach Ketchup, Arugula, Red Onion, Onion Brioche
- Jidori Hot Wings – Choice of any Beer Belly Wing Sauce: Honey Cilantro, Sweet & Spicy Mango, Buffalo Blue, Brown Sugar Hot Sauce, Chipotle Volcano (Very Spicy)
- Triple Pork Torta – Fried Pork Loin, Pork Belly Chips, Bacon & Black Bean Puree, Grilled Pineapple, Chipotle Pepper. Chipotle Aioli. Queso Oaxaca, Tomato, Avocado, Red Onion, Arugula
- The Capn’s Fluffernutter – Captain Crunch Crusted French Toast, Nutella, Marshmallow Fluff, Peanut Butter, Bananas
Location: 532 S Western Ave Los Angeles, CA 90020 Phone (213) 387-2337
Follow Beer Belly:
Check out this other delicious Asian joint.