Named after the airport code of the city of Barcelona where the street food inspired their offerings, BCN is one of the few sandwich joints in West Hollywood. This fast-casual eatery features Catalan cuisine. Their menu is mostly comprised of “bikinis” a.k.a. pressed sandwiches, “bocatas” a.k.a. baguette sandwiches, and “coques” or stone-baked flatbreads. The fillings make the difference as they’re mixing Spanish and Californian ingredients to create a truly unique experience.
While the place offers a different way to enjoy sandwiches, BCN is still way different from many other gourmet and fusion sandwich shops in LA with its unpretentiousness and casualness. In terms of authenticity, as BCN is the brainchild of Barcelona natives and brothers Jaume and Joan Anfruns, you don’t have to worry about appropriation or gimmicks here. Its bright, friendly interiors are very inviting and undaunting, which is exactly what a sandwich shop should be. Seats are pretty limited, but there are tables outside under an awning where you can enjoy some European cafe-style dining as well.
BCN is a great place to grab some lunch but dinner is also served with an expanded menu.
What to order:
- Jamon Serrano – Country loaf pressed sandwich with Spanish cured ham, Manchego cheese, portobello, truffle aioli
- Bocatas (Spanish Baguette Sandwich)
- Butifarra Sausage – Port sausage, caramelized onions, aioli, fresh arugula
- Pulled Pork – Pulled pork, house bbq, crispy onion, shaved pickled apple
- Vegetal – Zucchini, squash, pickled, tomato, house pesto, fresh basil (vegetarian)
- Coques (Stone basked flatbreads)
- Jamon – Jamon Serrano, Manchego Cheese, Chive
- Saltwater Prawn – Grilled Prawns, sofrito base, fresh arugula
Location: 8719 Santa Monica Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069 Phone (310) 358-9698
Check out this other tasty Mexican joint.