Los Angeles is no stranger to hip, trendy, and healthy eateries that try their best to offer something new and make a difference at the same time. Backyard Bowls or BYB is one of these places with a goal of providing food that’s just better in all aspects. Not only do they offer healthier options for diners using organic ingredients, but they’re also committed to creating a more conscientious business by working with small farmers and producers.
Considered as a Santa Barbara staple, it shouldn’t come as a surprise that it has a laidback atmosphere that’s unique to coastal cities. Their meals may be quick, but they’re definitely on the opposite spectrum of fast food chains with their real food and chill vibe. They even have a “Blending Chamber” which is a soundproof area where the bowls and smoothies are blended without having everyone hear the continuous run of their blenders, offering a quiet space to hang out in.
You might want to know, though, that the LA location doesn’t have an identical menu to their Santa Barbara stores, so if you have a specific craving from a past holiday, you might want to check first if it’s available in the city.
- Island Bowl
- Base: Acai, Banana, Mango, Pineapple Juice, Coconut Milk
- Topping: Banana, Strawberry, Blueberry, Coconut Shavings, Granola and Honey
- Green Bowl
- Base: Acai, Banana, Kale, Spinach, Lime, Ginger, Apple Juice
- Topping: Strawberry, Blueberry, Granola and Honey
- Backyard Bowl
- Base: Extra Acai, Banana, Strawberry, Hemp Milk
- Topping: Banana, Strawberry, Blueberry, Goji Berry, Bee Pollen, Granola and Honey
- Cocoa Almond Bowl
- Base: Acai, Banana, Cacao Powder, Cashew Milk
- Topping: Banana, Blueberry, Raw Cacao Nibs, Almonds, Granola and Honey
- Diego’s Power Bowl
- Base: Acai, Banana, Strawberry, Hemp Protein, Peanut Butter Hemp Milk
- Topping: Banana, Hemp Seeds, Granola and Honey
- 1317 7th Street Unit A, Santa Monica
- 8303 Beverly Blvd Los Angeles, Beverly Grove
Follow Backyard Bowls:
Other healthy eats, check this joint