We are a super fan of LA-based podcaster, Cathy Heller, she’s the host of the popular podcast Don’t Keep Your Day Job, which was given the #1 spot on iTunes recommend list of shows for the New Year in 2018 and 2019.
Throughout the show, she interviews creative entrepreneurs like Starbucks founder Howard Schultz, SugarFina founder Rosie O’Neil, popular author Seth Godin, makeup artist Bobbi Brown, dancer Mandy Moore, fashionista Tamara Mellon, novelist Emily Giffin, and Gretchen Rubin to name a few.
Each week Cathy encourages thousands and thousands of listeners to find more purpose in their life and get paid to do what they love full time.
She started out as a singer-songwriter and first found success licensing her music to TV, Film, and Ads. Quickly she became a stand out in her field and was featured in magazines like Billboard, Variety and the LA Weekly.
Congratulations on the many success. And, thank you for sharing your weekly dose of great inspirations, tips, and ideas.
Without further ado, here are our favorite 25 episodes from Cathy … in no particular orders
- How Radical Empathy Strengthens Your Business – Seth Godin – listen
- How to Curate a Sweet Candy Empire – SugarFina‘s Rosie O’Neil – listen
- How Starbucks Built an Empire with Empathy – Howard Schultz – listen
- How Rejection Made a Flower Company Blossom – John Tabis of Bouqs – listen
- How to Find Your Voice on YouTube – Hannah Hart – listen
- How to Change The World Without Being An Expert – Suze Schwartz of Unplug Meditation – listen
- Editor in Chief of Entrepreneur Magazine Talks About How to Find Success … – Jason Feifer – listen
- How Vulnerability Went Viral – Morgan Harper Nichols – listen
- How to Network with Authenticity – Jordan Harbinger – listen
- How to Achieve Greatness – Lewis Howes – listen
- How to Keep It Real on Social Media – Amy Jo Martin – listen
- What Motivates You the Most – Daniel Pink – listen
- How to Recreate the Recipe for Success – Gigi Butler of Gigi’s Cupcakes – listen
- How to Grow an Engaged Facebook Group – Jill Stanton – listen
- How to Build Your Creative Empire – Christina Scalera – listen
- How to Launch A Boutique Business – Christy Wright – listen
- How to Find the Work You Love – Lisa Loeb – listen
- A Meaningful Conversation with the Best-Selling Author of The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck – Mark Manson – listen
- An Incredible Story About the Power of Your Alter Ego – Todd Herman – listen
- How to Step Into Your Intuition – Robyn Youkilis – listen
- How to Break Through Self Doubt & Set Achievable Goals Towards Success – Jillian Michaels – listen
- The Keys to a Thriving Work Life – Adam Grant – listen
- How to Vote For Your Soul – Sarah Blondin – listen
- How to Disrupt The Status Quo – Miki Agrawal – listen
- How to Make Fear Your Friend – Meera Lee Patel – listen
Founder, Editor-In-Chief // A native Angeleno. John studied engineering at UCLA; founded Schmoozd, an offline social tech networking event in LA with 30,000 subs; ran a startup accelerator (StartEngine). Worked for several major brands like Toyota, DIRECTV, Hitachi, ICANN, and Raytheon. A mentor at Loyola Marymount University (LMU) Entrepreneur School, Dr. David Choi. And advises a dozen local LA startups building amazing tech in various industries; and invested in some. // Let's Connect: firstname.lastname@example.org