10 Best WordPress Hosting Providers – How to Choose the Right One for You
WordPress is one of the most popular site-building and content management systems in the world. It’s used by millions of people, including some of the biggest brands and businesses around. And while it’s a great platform that anyone can use to create a website, it does require some maintenance and care.
Best WordPress Hosting Providers
That’s where managed WordPress hosting comes in – a type of hosting that specifically caters to WordPress sites. In this research post, we’ll discuss what managed WordPress hosting is, why you might need it, and how to choose the best provider for your needs.
What is Managed Hosting?
Managed hosting is a form of IT hosting in which the customer leases server hardware or cloud computing resources from a service provider and is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the client environment. Server maintenance, resource monitoring, network configuration, security updates, and system management are all typical features of managed hosting services.
Managed hosting companies may also provide managed backup and recovery services, as well as administration services that go beyond their own data centers to third-party cloud providers like Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure.
Pros of Managed Hosting
Managed hosting has a number of advantages including economies of scale, network uptime, expertise, and the capacity to outsource routine chores that are not related to one’s core business.
- Increased reliability: A well-managed hosting provider will have more resources and a higher level of expertise than most businesses. This combination of scalability and specialization can lead to increased reliability for your website or application.
- Improved performance: By taking care of the many technical details that come with running a WordPress site, a well managed hosting provider can help improve your website’s performance.
- Enhanced security: Managed hosting providers often have dedicated teams who are focused on nothing but security. They also have access to the latest security tools and updates, which helps keep your site safe from attack.
- Reduced stress: Leave the day-to-day management of your WordPress site to an expert team so you can focus on what you do best.
- Increased peace of mind: Knowing your site is in good hands can help you relax and enjoy running your business.
Cons of Managed Hosting
Here are some of the cons of managed hosting:
- Cost: Managed hosting can be more expensive than traditional shared or VPS hosting. But it’s often worth the investment, especially if your business depends on your website.
- Limited flexibility: If you want to make changes to your site (like adding new plugins), you may need to get approval from your host first. This can slow down the process and limit your ability to customize your site.
- Limited control: If you like to have complete control over your website (including installing plugins and making changes), then a managed hosting solution may not be right for you. In most cases, you’ll need to ask the provider before making any changes to your site.
What To Look For From a Managed Hosting Provider
So, what are some things to look for when choosing a managed WordPress hosting provider? Here are a few key points:
- Expertise: Make sure the host you choose has experience and expertise in managing WordPress sites. They should know how to handle all the common issues that come up, as well as be up to date on the latest WordPress updates and security threats.
- Uptime guarantees: Look for a host that offers rock-solid uptime guarantees – anything less than 99.99% is not acceptable.
- Support: Good support is critical – make sure the host you choose has 24/seven customer support available.
- Scalability: Your site will likely grow over time, so make sure the host you choose offers scalable solutions that can handle increased traffic and larger sites.
Is Managed Hosting Secure?
Managed hosting providers recognize that their customer’s data and information security is based on their capacity to protect and manage it with care. The majority of hosting providers use enterprise-grade firewall, antivirus, and network security software to ensure that only authorized people have access to sensitive materials.
Regardless of where you decide to host your website, you’ll need a solid security plugin. We use WordFence as our primary security plugin on all of my WordPress websites. There are many on the market today, but we’ve found that WordFence is the best overall.
Best Managed WordPress Hosting Providers
Here are our picks of the best-managed WordPress hosting providers.
Each of these companies offers excellent customer service, top-notch security features, and stable WordPress environments. So how do you decide which one is right for you? Here are a few factors to consider:
- Your Budget – All of the providers on this list are more expensive than your average $50/year shared hosting account, but the benefits are worth it. If you’re not sure whether managed WordPress hosting is for you, start with a lower-priced provider and upgrade later if needed.
- The Size of Your Website – If your website is small (less than 500 MB), most any provider will do. But if your website is larger, you’ll want to make sure the host can handle the size and bandwidth requirements.
- The Level of Support You Need – If you’re not comfortable managing a WordPress site yourself or don’t have time for regular backups and updates, then managed to host is a good solution for you. Managed hosts will take care of all that for you so you can focus on other things.
Now that you know what to look for, here are our top picks for the best WordPress hosting providers:
WP Engine – Best for High-End Sites
WP Engine is the clear winner when it comes to managed WordPress hosting. They offer excellent customer service, top-notch security features, and stable WordPress environments. Plus, they’re one of the few hosting providers that are officially endorsed by WordPress.
HostGator – Best for Small Sites
HostGator is a great option for small sites and businesses that don’t need all the bells and whistles of managed hosting. Their cloud-based platform is fast, reliable, and scalable so you can grow your site as needed. They also offer 24/365 support via phone, chat, and email.
SiteGround – Best Value for Money
SiteGround is a great value for money host. They offer quality hosting for a fraction of the price of some of the other managed hosts. And since they’re officially endorsed by WordPress, you know their hosting is up to spec.
Cloudways – Best for High-Traffic Sites
Cloudways is perfect for high-traffic sites that need the power and performance of a dedicated server but don’t want to deal with all the maintenance and setup that comes with it. Plus, they offer 24/365 support so you can always get help when you need it.
Price: Starts at $12/month
Bluehost – Best Cheap Hosting Provider
Bluehost is a great option if you’re looking for cheap hosting that still offers good performance and features. Plus, they offer 24/365 support so you can always get help when you need it.
Flywheel – Best for Developers
Flywheel is a great option if you’re looking for managed WordPress hosting that’s specifically geared towards developers. They offer features like one-click staging, collaboration tools, and more to help make development easier.
Pressable – Best for Small Sites
Pressable is a great option for small sites that don’t need a lot of resources. They offer plans that start at just $25/month and include features like malware scanning, automatic backups, and more.
Price: Starts at $29/month
Kinsta – Best for High-Traffic Sites
Kinsta is a great option for high-traffic sites that need the power and performance of a managed WordPress host. They offer plans that start at $30/month and include features like automatic backups, malware scanning, and more.
Price: Starts at $30/month
Pantheon – Best for Enterprise Sites
Pantheon is the perfect choice for enterprise sites that need a lot of flexibility and scalability. They offer plans that start at $41/month and include features like automatic backups, malware scanning, and more.
Price: Starts at $41/month
Pagely – Best for Business Sites
Pagely is a leading web hosting company specializing in Enterprise, Public Sector, and Media organizations. Pagely is the ideal host for commercial sites that want lots of features and options. They provide plans starting at $499 per month with features like automatic backups, malware scanning, and other services.
Price: Starts at $499/month
There are a plethora of WordPress hosting providers on the web. How do you choose the right one for your business or blog?
Start by understanding your needs and what type of site you’re running. If you need a lot of features, then go with a provider that offers them. Or if you want more flexibility and scalability, look for a provider that has those options available.
And always remember to read reviews before making your final decision!
NOTE: Prices are accurate as of the date of publication.